Technology & Education
The acceptance of technology in our lives can be analyzed by the use technology in the various sectors. In earlier days, the utility of technology was a debatable topic as to whether its impact is positive or negative. Despite differing views on the use of technology in education, the growth of the digital education market in India is expected to grow at the compounded annual growth rate of (CAGR) 16 – 20 per cent from the year 2016 – 2020.
Technology has given a new dimension to education. This growth rate can be accounted for various reasons:
- The increasing demand for skilled labor in offices. It demands that people be more acquainted to modern technology.
- The government’s increasing efforts to digitize and empower the society and economy.
- It allows the availability of immense amount of resource for study – Students are exposed to a sea of resources that can be referred for study.
- Online education websites help the students in assessing their strengths, weaknesses, interests and motivation (SWIM).
- Prioritization of preferences in study – Based on their SWIM analysis, the students can plan their time, effort and resources.
- Student’s pace of learning – The student is either ahead or behind the average class in learning. The availability of online education/digital study modules help the students in managing their studies according to their grasping power.
- Individual’s Learning Path – With quick results and disintegrated report about the study done or the test attempted by the students, they can get to know their own learning paths.
- Study and the use of Multimedia – The method of pedagogy has evolved so much that students are not satisfied with just the conventional ways of teaching. Use of multimedia makes learning an interactive process that leaves a deep impact in the mind of the student. The students can use videos and animations to study the concept and then discuss the same with their friends. This allows the room for sharing knowledge.
- Catering to the demands of modern workplaces – The digital educational platforms help the learner to get adept in using online tools. This empowers the students for more complex and creative activities. Thus preparing them for a better future.
- Designing for the students
Development of the students
Evaluation of the learning process of the students – The digital learning platforms follow the DDE mode of teaching. The study pattern is designed and created keeping the students in mind. The focus is on widening the students’ thought process.
- Use of better simulation and graphs – Better simulations help the students understand the movement of graphs as and when the numbers change.
- Real Time Assessment Tools (RTAT) – The marks scored by the student is shared right after the exam. They don’t have to wait for long time to get their results.
Benefits of Online Education: